Clients made that call to me for many reasons. Some of the top reasons are:
- Where, in prior therapy, they just felt like they hit a wall. Neurofeedback addresses issues where they originate..in the brain.
- Clients are tired of taking medications or giving their children medications only to find side effects make them feel worse or that medication’s benefit wears off when the meds wear off.
- Clients are frustrated with the way they feel or feel helpless trying to help their children feel better.
- Children are not doing well in school. They exhibit impulsivity, daydreaming, tantrums/meltdowns at home. Children are overwhelmed with schoolwork, have behavioral issues or may not engage well with others.
- Older adults feel a lack of clarity of thoughts. They feel like they “just exist” in life and are missing the joy of living. Their memory may not be as sharp.
How do client lives improve after Neurofeedback?
When my clients finish Neurofeedback therapy, they report many improvements. Both adults and children:
- feel motivation and zest for life where prior therapy felt they were drifting through life.
- feel relief from migraines.
- look forward to going back to school/work with new attitude and motivation.
- Children feel more engaged in class, are able to shift/sustain focus and attention.
- Non-productive anxiety is eliminated.
- Night terrors are gone.
- Sleep quality improved.
- Depression diminished. More enjoyment and engagement in daily activities.
- More focus for athletes.